Sunday, November 17, 2013

Crafting Craziness

Lately I have been on a crafting kick!  I go through these phases sometimes when I am desperate for a change and something new to focus my energy on.  You must know the feeling of just wanting to have something to show for your time.  It is so easy to get home at the end of the day and just sit in front of the television until suddenly three hours have passed.


Photography has been a hobby for a while now but within the past couple weeks I have moved on to cross stitch.  Visits to the fabric and craft store, watching YouTube instruction videos, stitching and then ripping out and then stitching again.  It is amazing how learning something new is relaxing in a way and turns the evening into a time when something can be accomplished.



I was talking with a co-worker about my latest adventures this week and he mentioned he has recently gotten into woodworking.  During our conversation he mentioned that doing projects such as arts and crafts can train your brain to be better at problem solving and has other benefits.

More to come on my crafting projects but for now a small present of playing cards.  Since playing solitaire, poker, or even go fish can be fun for you and your brain!



No comments: