Monday, January 4, 2016

First Flight

I started this year with a flight.  While I somewhat dreaded arriving at the airport the Sunday at the end of what for many people is a two week vacation, I arrived early resigned to the fact the lines would be long.  I assumed extra time would be needed to get through security behind many people who travel infrequently and thus are not speedy in the process. 


Upon arriving at 6:30pm at the airport I was pleasantly surprised to find a nearly empty terminal!  I literally walked right up to the belt to push my carry on baggage through the scanner.  I was checked in at to my gate within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport.


While my flight was delayed an hour, the plane was only 20% full with row after row of empty seats.
So I decided to take advantage of the fact I could move around to row after empty row and leave some notes inside the magazine in the seatback pockets.  It seemed each was newly placed onboard with January 2016 dates and the puzzles in the back not yet completed.
I hope the finders smile and start the year with the same pleasant travel experience I had.

No comments: