Sunday, February 24, 2013

Merry Mornings

Since I started this blog my random acts have always been leaving gifts to be found, and some of the recipients post here on the blog (for which I am so thankful and encouraged to keep going).  However there have been many gifts I have wondered if were ever found or appreciated.  Some I left outside and they could have blown away and others might simply have been overlooked and thrown away.

The #26Acts effort made me think outside the box and look for new and different ideas since I had so many to do in a short period of time.  One of my pleasures is often going to breakfast on Sunday morning at a favorite spot near my home.  A few weeks ago I decided to choose a family in for breakfast and pay for their meal.  I worked with a waitress I was familiar with to pull off the anonymous gesture.  I did not stay long enough to see their reactions, but for the first time since I began my life as the Undercover Ladybug, I got to see and choose the recipients.

This morning I was back for breakfast and the waitress filled me in on the family's stunned reaction.  It made me so thrilled that I told her we would have to do it again today and continue it into the future.  It feels a bit like we are partners in kindness!

Kindness has a ripple effect in the world and my hope is all finders find at least one small way to pay it forward!

PS - Thank you to today's recipients for the comment.  You have made my day and warmed my heart! :)  

3 comments:

Paul said...

I just wanted to drop a note to say that I have continued in my promise to you. Pre purchasing drive through orders and dropping some grocery money has continued to be an uplifting feeling. I have left a few notes directing them to your page and to give you the credit for starting me off. Hopefully it will continue to grow your ladybug army.

Undercover Ladybug said...

You have made my day! I am so happy to know you are getting the same joy from these small missions of kindness that I do! I was at a restaurant last weekend and paid another bill. The three girlfriends sitting next to me heard me speaking with the waitress and, although they were not the recipients, they were still talking about it when I left. The ripple of kindness continuing. All my best to you!

Anonymous said...

It was so crazy and busy today I barely had a chance to even look at anyone, atypical for me since I like to treat each customer to the time and attention they deserve. I worried that the chaos would detract from your act of kindness to the two young couples but it wasn't so. They were so surprised and asked many questions about the Ladybug Lady. What a sweet thing you do for the delighted recipients. I am also honored to be the "partner in kindness!" It is a highlight of my week each time. Thank you for reminding me also of the joys of being kind. It can be hard in my line of work to remember to always always always be kind to strangers. The world needs more people like you who are nice just to be nice. Thank you for being you! I appreciate the refresher course I've taken in human kindness by witnessing the wonderful example you've given me.