Saturday, September 21, 2013

Warm Apple Cider

One of my favorite drinks in the fall is warm apple cider.  I pour it in a mug, put it in the microwave, and within a minute there is such a sweet scent in my kitchen, and sipping the cider instead of tea or coffee is such a welcome seasonal change.

Last weekend I traveled to an orchard to pick a bag of fresh apples.  I have been snacking on them all week....whole, peeled and sliced or even sprinkled with cinnamon.....they have been yummy!  While at the orchard, I also picked up a fresh half gallon of cider.  Every morning since I have had a warm mug of it.

When I make a special drink the glass or mug I have adds to the experience for me.  So I have a couple new mugs.  I hope the finders use them for their own favorite drink.


3 comments:

Julie said...

I found one of your mugs at Panera Bread!! We were actually the family sitting next to you. Apparently my youngest bumped into you a couple of times and he almost knocked over your lunch companion while carrying back your food. So, sorry about that. He's at a difficult age and we often avoid restaurants because of it, but I really wanted Panera yesterday. Hopefully he didn't bother you too much! After you left I noticed it on your seat. I'm actually a big tea drinker without a true tea cup so I'm really excited to use it. And I'm motivated to do the same thing for someone else, I just need to find the right thing. So thank you!!!!

Undercover Ladybug said...

Thanks for your note. Happy to hear it found a tea drinker! However it seems the person sitting in the booth looked at it and did not take it as I was there alone and there were no children when I was around. It is a funny thing about this project that some people will look and not take as they are conditioned to believe it must be something bad and that random kindness is a myth and not a reality. Enjoy your day!

Julie said...

That's so funny! It had to have been on the seat while they were there. Well lucky for me then! Thanks again!