Monday, November 30, 2015

Birdies in the Grass

On a recent weekend in Kansas City I had a whole day to just enjoy the city with no set plans.  I started the day at the free tour at Hallmark Cards.  The museum walked through all the cards, movies, bows and wrapping paper, ornaments, etc. that the company has ever made.  There was also a bow making machine making free souvenirs at the push of a button!
 
Hallmark, a family owned business deeply rooted in the KC community, has been very generous to the community and especially generous to the Nelson-Atkins Museum which as a result has an impressive collection and is always free.  So after meeting up with a dear friend for lunch we went to the museum to wander through the contemporary art wing and then around the grounds.  The museum has an outdoor sculpture park and is known for the birdies on the lawn.
The day had me feeling so good that I left a few gifts around and even snapped a couple pictures after they were dropped off which is a rarity.
 


2 comments:

Ruth said...

Dear Undercover Ladybug,
I found your lovely bookmark and note inside my Little Free Library yesterday....I say 'my' because its out in front of my house, but I put it there to be everybody's! What a lovely RAK that was! In fact, I got so much enjoyment just from finding it there, I think I will put it back inside and let someone else find it for themselves too.
When had you left it? I had been away for weekend so had not done my daily rounds to the library.
I totally applaud your mission, we all need to remember to do these small thoughtful acts!
many thanks,
Ruth

Undercover Ladybug said...

Ruth,

I left it in the library on Sunday. I find those libraries so enchanting!!! Glad finding it made you smile. Mission accomplished.

xo,
ULB