Friday, November 13, 2015

Riding the Rails

Last week I had to travel from Boston to Philadelphia, and after consideration of driving, flying or riding the rails, I decided the train was the route to go. 


There is something peaceful about riding a train and watching the world go by outside the window.  Although I rode to Philadelphia on a weekday fully booked train, I took a much less crowded train back on a Saturday and found time to read, write emails to friends, work on some art projects, etc. 




While I brought a few magazines to read, I also read the usual seat back staple Amtrak magazine which got me thinking about leaving some messages within the pages for other travelers.  Since I rode until the very last stop, toward the end of my trip I was able to move to many empty seats and leave the below message in several copies of the magazine.

No comments: